Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Homemade Lemon Sugar scrub

Happy Tuesday to all!

Lately I've found myself losing so much time reading blogs.  Every time I read one it seems as if I find another interesting one out there.  I chose to say "losing time" vs. "wasting time" because I really have found some valuable items.  This sugar scrub is one example.  My son has been really sick lately, and I've found myself chained to my rocking chair with him.  What's there to do?  Watch tv or surf around on the internet on my handy dandy phone.  For me, the phone wins hands down!  

One day I stumbled across this blog where the author talks about sugar scrub and describes step by step how she made a batch.  It looked so easy, and who doesn't like smooth silky skin?  I decided that I just had to try it.

I did not measure anything, just started mixing until it felt right.   I used sugar in the raw and light brown sugar as the basis.  Probably 3-1 brown sugar to the raw sugar.  I liked the softer feel of the brown sugar.  I then started mixing in the olive oil (although I was wishing I has something more fancy ... almond oil.  Not sure if that has the scent that I imagine it does).  Lastly I started sifting through my spices, extracts and oils that I had in my pantry.... wow, there's a lot of stuff there ... and I stumbled upon Lemon Oil.  Who knew I had that???  I have no idea what I had in mind for the lemon oil, but it was there and this was the moment my lemon sugar scrub was born.   I probably added about 4 total teaspoons to the mixture... just kept mixing until it smelt delicious.  I love the smell of lemon, so clean and fresh.

And there you have it, I ended up with two Large Baby food bottle sized packages of lemon sugar scrub.  One for me, and one for a friend.   Oh, and you noticed that I obviously spent some time sprucing up that plain glass jar too, didn't you.





I hope that this will inspire you to make your own sugar scrub at home.   Spruce up the package too, it will look so much cuter.  Mine is now going to rest right by the kitchen sink.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...